About US Mobile:
US Mobile is on a mission to revolutionize connectivity. Imagine a world where you can go into a single app and buy terabytes of data for your phone, smart devices, car, home broadband, and more. That’s the future that US Mobile is building: a software platform built for the 21st century and the age of 5G and IoT, with world-class engineering, best-in-class user experience, and features that will define the next generation of connectivity. We are one of Forbes’ top 500 best startup employers in the US for 2021.
We’re able to offer superior service because of our people. The team spans diverse backgrounds, cultures, and stories, with employees coming from 20+ countries. We were recently ranked 94th on Inc 5000's fastest-growing private companies in America. We are excited to find more exceptional talent to join our journey.
We're looking for a full-stack JS engineer to help us scale and connect millions of devices to wireless networks.
The projects and potential impact are incredible. We're looking for talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial team members who are excited to tackle these challenges.
As a full-stack engineer, you will:
- Work on developing and deploying exciting new features
- Advise on technologies and present solutions to the team
- Take on legacy architecture and digital transformation projects
- Expand on our Node services suite of applications
- Document any new and undocumented processes and workflows
- Work in a start-up environment with lots to do and lots of hats to wear
- Assist in building tools to ensure a high-quality end-user product
- Help us scale to 10’s of millions of customers & connected devices
What we're looking for:
- Well rounded full-stack developer with exposure to all layers of application and development
- Excellent development skills and experience in NodeJS
- Experience with MongoDB, Mongoose
- A knowledge of Messaging Queues (RabbitMQ, AMQP)
- Proficiency with fundamental frontend languages such as HTML, CSS
- Strong knowledge of React & Redux
- Strong communication skills and ability to document work ahead to keep the team moving
- An ability and desire to help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- Excellent understanding of API integrations and software development lifecycle
- Experience integrating third-party APIs; reading documentation and sharing findings
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for clean and appropriately tested code
- Extending Cordova with plugins / Cordova Experience
- Solid UX experience, and input on solutions to common problems
- Experience with Headless CMS APIs
- Experience with Redux Toolkit
- Good working practices using Jira
- Experience with AMQP or REDIS, and/or other like solutions
- Experience with Docker and Jenkins
- The ability to create architectural diagrams
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
- Strong understanding of different software development practices, infrastructure, and how each can help bring more value to customers
- Gym reimbursement
- Your choice of tech & noise-canceling headphones
- Free cellular service on the best network in the US
- Free lunch in NYC office & fully stocked kitchen
- Metrocard reimbursement
- WFH Fridays
Think you’d be a great fit? Apply to learn more!